Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Tender Mercy.....

I have had a lot of anxiety lately. My boy, Lex has been gone a month today and we've had no communication. In this day and age, it's hard to imagine but it's true. No emails, no texts, no phone calls not even a letter or postcard. Nor have I heard much from the adoption agency. (Remember, they were going to have their contact talk with Lex and tell him to write me?) Haven't heard a thing.
So last night, I had a dream. I was in the Ukraine meeting Lex at the orphanage. He came out with flowers (of all things) and I just knelt down and wrapped my arms around him crushing the flowers between us and wept. Not a sweet, tender cry with a tear or two of joy cascading down my check, no, an out right wail with sobs and hiccups and I couldn't catch my breath. And Lex wept too and we were both shaking and hugged and hugged. I was crying so loudly in my dream I woke up. I thought I might have been crying out and woke myself up. (But, I'll never know that for a fact because James sleeps like the dead and he laid there undisturbed.) But as I laid there in the dark, wide awake, I could still feel the joy I felt and more importantly the joy I felt from Lex. Call me crazy but I think I've finally had the communication I've been looking for.

2 of my blog friends said something...:

Corbie said...

Someone else will have to call you crazy because I happen to agree with your assessment of it all.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Wendy and James- I can't wait till Lex is "Home" and with your family- his new family for good and "he is your's"! keep us posted! I am so excited for all of you.
Loves, Cousin Heidi

Related Posts with Thumbnails