Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stake Service Project

My Stake Relief Society President approached me today at church. Apparently she wants to do a service project as a Stake and has been impressed to do something for Ukrainian Orphans. (Keep in mind there are probably 20 adopted children from Ukraine in our Stake at this point.) I happen to know our Stake Relief Society president fairly well and she asked me what I thought they could do? I told her when I talk with Alexey on the 24th I'll talk to the director of his orphanage and see what is needed.
There are only two families from our Stake that I'm aware of (the Benson's and ourselves) and we are adopting from the same orphanage. The Stake is hoping we can take over whatever it is that they are in need of . (I'm hoping it's light weight and easy to pack-like socks or scarves and mittens!) I figured, I would have taken an empty suitcase over (with another suitcase inside of it) to pack Lex and now, I can fill it up with much needed items and then bring it home with Lex's stuff. Amazing isn't it? We'll see what Naydia has to say on the 24th.
(Don't think it hasn't escaped me that there is a required "donation" to the orphanage as part of the adoption. I don't know if this will satisfy this requirement but it certainly can't hurt! And more importantly than that, it will be awesome to be part of something so much bigger than myself!)

1 of my blog friends said something...:

snakeriverwalton said...

I hope this covers the required donation. That would be great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails