I just talked to Alexey!
I don't think he could believe it! I told him we were coming for him next month and asked if he was excited? He said "Da" and then I said something about how I can't believe we leave in 19 days and then he got really excited because he thought the translator said September rather than March. Then he talked and talked. He asked about five times "When are they coming?" I asked if there was anything he wanted me to bring and he said "No, all I want is you both."
Then he got warmed up and asked what room he would have and was thrilled to hear he would have Austin's old bedroom all to himself. You could just feel the excitement.
He asked if we would visit his brother, I said of course that we plan to take him with us to visit Ivan.
He asked if he should be packed and ready when we arrive. I said no, it will take a awhile, we'll have plenty of time to pack. I told him I'd bring him a suitcase and he reminded me he has a suitcase (the old one we sent him back with) and he has a lot of socks! (I've already got his stuff packed. Last night I sorted through all the things I've bought and packed him up and YES, I bought more socks!)
He asked where we will stay in the Ukraine. I told him we'd find an apartment. You could just feel the excitement across the phone lines!
He asked when we would leave? I said I didn't know hopefully around April 20th.
He was just full of questions and unlike our last phone call he just talked and talked!
I told him we'd call when we made it to Ukraine and that I had no idea how long it would take us to get to the orphanage but we would get there as soon as we can because he's the only one we really want to see!!
I told him I love him and he says he feels the same. And I told him to save all his hugs for me!
James talked to him for a minute and asked if the wait was worth it and got a exuberant "Da!".
I spoke with the director and she had received word that we would be there on the 23rd. (She knows more than I do!) and expressed how very excited Alexey is and how long he has waited.
After we got off the phone Jordan, (our awesome translator) told me that Alexey is very polite and always asks, "May I ask a question?" before asking him anything. Sweet huh?
Anyway, just had to post it while it was fresh in my mind.
He did say he visited with his brother Ivan and looked at my blog. (I could see I was getting hits from Ukraine Valentines weekend-I just didn't know it was my boy!) He saw that I put his art work and picture on my blog and he liked that.
I've already instant messaged his sister-in-law and she is buying a paper today to help us find and apartment. We are so blessed!
I don't think he could believe it! I told him we were coming for him next month and asked if he was excited? He said "Da" and then I said something about how I can't believe we leave in 19 days and then he got really excited because he thought the translator said September rather than March. Then he talked and talked. He asked about five times "When are they coming?" I asked if there was anything he wanted me to bring and he said "No, all I want is you both."
Then he got warmed up and asked what room he would have and was thrilled to hear he would have Austin's old bedroom all to himself. You could just feel the excitement.
He asked if we would visit his brother, I said of course that we plan to take him with us to visit Ivan.
He asked if he should be packed and ready when we arrive. I said no, it will take a awhile, we'll have plenty of time to pack. I told him I'd bring him a suitcase and he reminded me he has a suitcase (the old one we sent him back with) and he has a lot of socks! (I've already got his stuff packed. Last night I sorted through all the things I've bought and packed him up and YES, I bought more socks!)
He asked where we will stay in the Ukraine. I told him we'd find an apartment. You could just feel the excitement across the phone lines!
He asked when we would leave? I said I didn't know hopefully around April 20th.
He was just full of questions and unlike our last phone call he just talked and talked!
I told him we'd call when we made it to Ukraine and that I had no idea how long it would take us to get to the orphanage but we would get there as soon as we can because he's the only one we really want to see!!
I told him I love him and he says he feels the same. And I told him to save all his hugs for me!
James talked to him for a minute and asked if the wait was worth it and got a exuberant "Da!".
I spoke with the director and she had received word that we would be there on the 23rd. (She knows more than I do!) and expressed how very excited Alexey is and how long he has waited.
After we got off the phone Jordan, (our awesome translator) told me that Alexey is very polite and always asks, "May I ask a question?" before asking him anything. Sweet huh?
Anyway, just had to post it while it was fresh in my mind.
He did say he visited with his brother Ivan and looked at my blog. (I could see I was getting hits from Ukraine Valentines weekend-I just didn't know it was my boy!) He saw that I put his art work and picture on my blog and he liked that.
I've already instant messaged his sister-in-law and she is buying a paper today to help us find and apartment. We are so blessed!

4 of my blog friends said something...:
I bet he is bouncing off the walls today! I hope Masha and Nastia see the excitement and realize this is all really happening for most of these kids. It will be their turn soon enough!
Ooooo Wendy this is good! He sounds so excited!
That is so awesome...
That is so exciting!! :) He is such a sweet boy.
Post a Comment