Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today's the day...

..that our papers are submitted!
What does that mean exactly? Well, that the Ukraine government now has our adoption dossier in hand and will be reviewing it and with any luck approving it and confirming that Alex is eligible to be adopted. We're told it's roughly 20 working days until we'll have an answer from the SDA (State Department of Adoption) and then extended an invitation to travel to the Ukraine to meet with them and begin the legal adoption process. So not counting today (and if there aren't any Ukrainian holidays that I'm unaware of) 20 working days should give us a response by, March 4th? Oh, my goodness, I get butterflies just thinking about it!! Estimated time of travel is usually 6 week to 10 weeks after SDA response.
This morning on the way to school, Rylee (who's been home sick for two days with the stomach flu) was complaining how she will only have two days to study her spelling and how she knows she won't do well on her test Friday. I gave her the "is the glass half full or half empty" lecture/pep talk. So often we only look at the negative and then of course negative things usually happen. If you can just change your thinking, and look at the positive, like "Wow! I'm so glad I'm going back to school today, I'll have two whole days to study for my spelling test!" and then of course think positive thoughts that you'll do well on you spelling test....you're more likely to have a positive outcome! She laughed when I told her to have a "half full" day!
So, with that mentality in mind! Here are my positive "half full" thoughts:
I am so glad our papers are being submitted today!! Who knows, maybe they'll sail through the SDA and we'll have our travel date even early than March 4th but even so, March 4th is just one turn on the calendar and will be here before I know it! I'm sure whoever reviews our papers will work quickly and efficiently! I know that He has a hand in this, and knows more than me so I'm going to leave it up to Him to get us the best date to travel, and to watch over Lex until we're there.

5 of my blog friends said something...:

Jen said...

I'm counting on His timing being more in tune with our needs than we could probably work out for ourselves as well. I know that it will all work out as it should. I just can't stand waiting though. It is driving me crazy to not get any news day after day! But, like you said, be positive! It will work out well for our family and I just have to be patient!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Good way to look at it. Just think, if you were pregnant, you'd know approx. when, but if the baby came too early, there could be complications. If Alex gets to come home earlier than expected you know you'll have this healthy baby boy (yes, I know he's not a baby)that you don't have to leave in the hospital once he's delivered! Plus, NO baby weight to worry about! Okay, maybe not the best analogy, but he'll be here before you know it. Love ya!

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! What a happy time. Just think you might have him back before I even go into labor! That is awesome congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOW! SO CLOSE... I JUST KNOW AND HOPE AND PRAY THE LAST OF The process will go smoothly! i know all things will work out and will happen just as they are supposed to. You all are in my prayers. We love you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails