I can't believe how connected I've become to the other parents going through this same experience. I've spent countless hours on the phone/email with others who, until we started this adventure, I didn't know at all.
Sometimes they're calling or emailing with questions like "How do we get to the appostille office?' or "I heard you have a secret about getting your fingerprints done faster?" and they're always so grateful for my directions and tips but really they're doing me the favor. You see, our adoption is the first and foremost thing I like to talk about! (And I worry that I talk about it too much to my friends and family and that they're going to start avoiding having conversations with me!) I love the opportunity to talk with these fellow parents and if I can help them in some small way, then that's great! I am by no means an expert, I can only share what has worked for me and my experience. I'm just so happy when I get a call and a chance to share stories and concerns, pass on tips and directions, and mostly just know that there is someone traveling this road with us!
As we've all gotten closer to submitting and getting everything done on our end, I've been on pins and needles not only for myself but for other parents as well. I worry when I haven't heard they have a submission date that something has gone terribly wrong. (Not all keep such a rambling blog and put it all out there for the world to see!) I know, you probably think I'm just being nosy. (Which is true to some extent but nosy in a concerned/caring way!?) And these parents (I say parents as some are Dad's not just Mom's) have become my friends-I think you could compare it to the bond a soldier gets with his fellow soldiers-we're all fighting for the same cause and in the same trench and side by side. (That's probably a little dramatic but then-you know me!)
I've shared heartache on the phone regarding health problems, doubts about if adoption is right for them, money concerns, communication concerns, sibling worries, family support issues, and of course paper chase worries. I don't have all the answers, and sometimes it's me with the worries and concerns but overall our chats are positive and I feel buoyed up after talking to them.
But yesterday, I called on a Mom who was just delivered a heart wrenching delay that even if you ask me, I won't go into it, as it's her story to share if she chooses to or not and right now there are still a lot of unanswered questions and answers needed.
So today, I can't help but think of her and my heart hurts for her, her family and her children half a world away.
A wise fellow blogger & parent put out a call for prayers and fasting and I'd like to do the same on my little blog. Please pray for ALL of us to have success in our efforts to bring our children home. Please pray that those with roadblocks/delays will find comfort and the answers they're looking for. And above all, please pray that our children are safe, cared for and have hope that we will come.
Thank you to all who check on my blog and send your sweet comments and even those that don't comment but let me know they've been reading.
Love to all!
Sometimes they're calling or emailing with questions like "How do we get to the appostille office?' or "I heard you have a secret about getting your fingerprints done faster?" and they're always so grateful for my directions and tips but really they're doing me the favor. You see, our adoption is the first and foremost thing I like to talk about! (And I worry that I talk about it too much to my friends and family and that they're going to start avoiding having conversations with me!) I love the opportunity to talk with these fellow parents and if I can help them in some small way, then that's great! I am by no means an expert, I can only share what has worked for me and my experience. I'm just so happy when I get a call and a chance to share stories and concerns, pass on tips and directions, and mostly just know that there is someone traveling this road with us!
As we've all gotten closer to submitting and getting everything done on our end, I've been on pins and needles not only for myself but for other parents as well. I worry when I haven't heard they have a submission date that something has gone terribly wrong. (Not all keep such a rambling blog and put it all out there for the world to see!) I know, you probably think I'm just being nosy. (Which is true to some extent but nosy in a concerned/caring way!?) And these parents (I say parents as some are Dad's not just Mom's) have become my friends-I think you could compare it to the bond a soldier gets with his fellow soldiers-we're all fighting for the same cause and in the same trench and side by side. (That's probably a little dramatic but then-you know me!)
I've shared heartache on the phone regarding health problems, doubts about if adoption is right for them, money concerns, communication concerns, sibling worries, family support issues, and of course paper chase worries. I don't have all the answers, and sometimes it's me with the worries and concerns but overall our chats are positive and I feel buoyed up after talking to them.
But yesterday, I called on a Mom who was just delivered a heart wrenching delay that even if you ask me, I won't go into it, as it's her story to share if she chooses to or not and right now there are still a lot of unanswered questions and answers needed.
So today, I can't help but think of her and my heart hurts for her, her family and her children half a world away.
A wise fellow blogger & parent put out a call for prayers and fasting and I'd like to do the same on my little blog. Please pray for ALL of us to have success in our efforts to bring our children home. Please pray that those with roadblocks/delays will find comfort and the answers they're looking for. And above all, please pray that our children are safe, cared for and have hope that we will come.
Thank you to all who check on my blog and send your sweet comments and even those that don't comment but let me know they've been reading.
Love to all!

0 of my blog friends said something...:
Post a Comment