Kambree last night was frantically looking for a square head shovel. Why, you may ask would a sixteen year old girl be in need of such an item? For one of her dances. Get this. They're doing a "grave digger" dance with SQUARE HEAD shovels? Can you think of anything more dangerous to dance with? Is it just me or can you see someone getting hit in the face and consequently needing stitches (as in a plastic surgeon putting her face back together)? What the heck? Why in the world would the instructor allow them to dance with shovels? Kambree assures me there is only 5 girls and they are spaced far apart when they SWING the shovels around but this brings me no comfort. I must be getting old. I'm all for artistic but first and foremost I'm for stitches prevention!
Austin received his letter for remediation for his World Geography class. It will cost $35 (Which he has to earn-anyone need to hire an able bodied 14 year old?) When he learned that it takes 15 hours to re-mediate a class he said, "I should just fail all my classes. 15 hours is a lot less than going through the whole class." Welcome to my world and living with the mentality of a 14 going on 15 year old boy. Good grief!
Devree has been at rehearsals every night until after 8pm. Seusical opens tonight. She's excited. I'm excited for her. (Note to self: Don't forget flowers!) She informed me last night that I cannot video tape it for James as it's forbidden. (Something to do with copyright? Royalties? I don't know.)
Rylee is working on six times tables. We've almost got them down. She loves her DS so much and with it being American Idol season and being in rehearsals for her play (Opening next weekend 12th & 13th at the Main Street Theater "All You Need Is Love" Tickets $10 adult $8 children $35 family includes drink and dessert!) it's hard for her to focus on get her spelling & reading done each night. I need to be more diligent in helping her set her priorities. It would help if we could get into a routine but every night seems to be crazy busy with different rehearsal schedules, practices, church activity's etc.
Alex has not sent me a letter (unless someone stole it out of my mailbox!) and so consequently I cannot write anything about him except that I miss him and worry about how sad he was during our last phone call.
James is at work. He and I are having a biggest loser two week contest. (He'll probably win as I ate half the cookies I made for the Murray City guys yesterday!) I went to a spin class this morning. I think I'm going to add this into my work out schedule. I don't love this class-time seems to stand still while I'm in it-but I love how I feel afterwards!
I had my 2008 blog published into a book. It's pretty cool. I went to this website Blog2print and they pulled all my info off my blog and printed it into a book. This year I'm trying to do two books. One like a scrapbook and the other like a journal. Each of my post are labeled so for those of you following our adoption story, I'm sorry. You'll probably see boring updates like this from time to time and know way more about our family than you'd like! But this way I can rationalize blogging as keeping a journal.
Peace, love and re-mediation to all!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Family Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 of my blog friends said something...:
You've been tagged! Here is the link. Have fun.
http://drewandjenbenson.blogspot.com/2009/02/talked-to-girls.html
People are amazing these days. It is hard to believe that they don't have more of a conscience. I would rather die than do something like that.
Your post cracked me up! I love your family! They are hilarious!
That was funny...loved the shovel part :)
Post a Comment