Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Three months!

Three months ago today we said goodbye to our Alex and put him on a plane to go back to the Ukraine. Wow, three months! It seems much longer. The good part is that although we only have three months under our belt, we're approaching our third trimester! (Thank goodness!! When you consider I've know about Alex since early spring, didn't meet him until October, sent him back in November and won't be able to bring him home until May/June....it has been a long time! Although not as long as some stalwart families and for this I am very grateful!)
Today James was talking about our "team" (our family) and what great team members we have (our children) and he commented on how he feels we have recruited another great team mate (Alex) and how much he'll add to our team. I just felt such peace and happiness.
We reminisced about the night before James went in for his "surgery" eight years ago. I told James I was sure I was done having babies but I wasn't sure we were done adding to our family, that maybe we would adopt or something. At the time I had a 8 year old, 6 year old, 4 year old and 6 month old. Although the words came out of my mouth I'm not sure I believed it at the time. But somewhere deep inside me I must have known that there was someone else. I told James, "I feel like Alex was always ours, we just had to find him."
Here is a video I finally got off my camcorder of when we first met our little boy. It's shot by my eight year old daughter so you might get motion sick. Keep in mind she doesn't know who she's looking for and also remember these children have traveled for over 30+ hours and are not only tired but going home with strangers. What brave children!
(I was going to wait and post this on the 18th when it's four months from the date the children came but-despite that I hate seeing myself on video-I was too excited to share it. Many of you will recognize these sweet, tired faces!)




4 of my blog friends said something...:

Corbie said...

I love the 'team' analogy - that was very touching. Though, I must confess, it made me think that perhaps what I have at my house is The Bad News Bears :)

Shirlene said...

That video gave me chills and caused a few tears! That was neat! I am just so excited for you! It will be so nice to get him here.

Jen said...

Fun! It was neat to see the girls for a few seconds as well!

Anonymous said...

you all are so great! the video also gave me the chills! "good chills!" no tears today! i do not know why because i usually get all teary about this kind of thing. Who knows! So WENDY and James- this whole experience of yours and your story! is real intriging and inspires me. How did it all start?

Related Posts with Thumbnails