I don't think I've been this excited since Rylee was born nine years ago! My heart isn't use to this much excitement!
So, I've made tentative travel arrangements. Flights were even less expensive than my tentative May dates. (Probably because not as many people travel in March?)
We thought James would only need to leave work a few days early and then arrive a few days late but it sounds like our court date (not to be confused with our SDA date) will not be until around April 6th-give or take-so we're looking at him being in Ukraine closer to three weeks than two.
Looking at my calendar we'll be missing and or re-scheduling:
Orthodontist appointments
Austin and Devree's choir concerts
SPRING BREAK
(and canceling our trip to Arizona-sorry Hainsworth cousins!)
Desert Star Tickets
Pioneer Memorial Tickets
General Conference Weekend
(That will be interesting. I'm guessing we can watch it online?)
WICKED TICKETS
(No, I don't need anyone volunteering to take them, my BFF Jan offered to switch us for her May tickets)
Easter
Murray Dance Company Mother Daughter Luncheon
Austins B-day
But with any luck Lex & I'll be back before Kambree's Spring Dance Concert!
It's not like there will ever be a month long period of time with nothing scheduled, so all in all I think I can get this figured out. (Everyone pray for my Mom & Dad who will be holding down the fort and running the carpools.) Many thanks to my friends and family in advance, we simply couldn't do this without you.
We have a telephone conference with Adoption Way on Monday, I'm trying hard not to pelt them with my bazillion questions right now.
We're going to call Alex tomorrow. Just tell him we're coming in late March but not give specific dates as we ourselves are not sure when we'll actually show up at the orphanage.
Here's another thing to think about. School? Lex will be back late April and school is through June 5th. I think I'll call and see if he can just go to ESL classes maybe half a day and work on learning English. It would be silly to put him into school for a month. Don't you think? I wonder if the school will let me do this. One more thing to add to my list.
I thought it was hard to breath before? I can't even hold still now!!
So, I've made tentative travel arrangements. Flights were even less expensive than my tentative May dates. (Probably because not as many people travel in March?)
We thought James would only need to leave work a few days early and then arrive a few days late but it sounds like our court date (not to be confused with our SDA date) will not be until around April 6th-give or take-so we're looking at him being in Ukraine closer to three weeks than two.
Looking at my calendar we'll be missing and or re-scheduling:
Orthodontist appointments
Austin and Devree's choir concerts
SPRING BREAK
(and canceling our trip to Arizona-sorry Hainsworth cousins!)
Desert Star Tickets
Pioneer Memorial Tickets
General Conference Weekend
(That will be interesting. I'm guessing we can watch it online?)
WICKED TICKETS
(No, I don't need anyone volunteering to take them, my BFF Jan offered to switch us for her May tickets)
Easter
Murray Dance Company Mother Daughter Luncheon
Austins B-day
But with any luck Lex & I'll be back before Kambree's Spring Dance Concert!
It's not like there will ever be a month long period of time with nothing scheduled, so all in all I think I can get this figured out. (Everyone pray for my Mom & Dad who will be holding down the fort and running the carpools.) Many thanks to my friends and family in advance, we simply couldn't do this without you.
We have a telephone conference with Adoption Way on Monday, I'm trying hard not to pelt them with my bazillion questions right now.
We're going to call Alex tomorrow. Just tell him we're coming in late March but not give specific dates as we ourselves are not sure when we'll actually show up at the orphanage.
Here's another thing to think about. School? Lex will be back late April and school is through June 5th. I think I'll call and see if he can just go to ESL classes maybe half a day and work on learning English. It would be silly to put him into school for a month. Don't you think? I wonder if the school will let me do this. One more thing to add to my list.
I thought it was hard to breath before? I can't even hold still now!!

4 of my blog friends said something...:
I am so excited for you! You have been taken care of to this point by an incredible man, he will help you til the end. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I mean it!
Whatever you need Wendy, let me know! I can help while you're gone as well.
I get the Wicked tickets... :-P
our SDA date was the 19th and our court date was the 28th (2 years ago) so you might/could have yours sooner. And you will beable to get Conference in Dnepr. We did when we were there 2 years ago, we were with Cort touring and happened to be in Dnepr on Conference weekend and they get it through satelite at the building. at least some of the sessions.
Post a Comment