Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lunch-James B-day-Valentines!

Two lunches in one week! Just what I needed!!
I've been on pins and needles all day hoping that we might get our travel date. So far...nothing. I did hear that there was an emergency at the SDA and they shut down yesterday, that might be why I don't have an answer or it might be that watching your in-box for news from your adoption coordinator is like watching water boil! I just need to walk away and think about something else!
As always it was great to visit at lunch and especially exciting as one of our families is leaving for the Ukraine the first part of March to get three children. They're not going to my orphanage or I would have sent a package for Lex but I'm hoping that we'll be there soon and I'm thinking he'd like that better than anything I could send.
I mentioned how amazing the parents are that I lunched with on Tuesday-the group that has already adopted-are? Today's group is just as amazing! We have parents there that have brand new babies, grown kids starting over with their Ukraine kids, parents with no children taking on three, parents that have waited almost a year and a half to complete their adoption, parents willing to blindly adopt even more children when they get there and parents that have adopted and are doing it again! Each of them have their trials and miracles that have lead them to this point, just amazing fantastic people! I'm just happy to rub shoulders with them!
James is home and last night we celebrated his birthday and Valentines with a home cooked steak and lobster dinner. Hence, the reason my house smells like Red Lobster today. I also bought him a Leatherby's ice cream cake and unlike last year, my sweet Dev put it in the freezer instead of the fridge. (Way to go girl!)
Although we had a special celebration last night, it's always a celebration when James gets home! We don't always have lobster but we have some sort of special home cooked dinner. The kids from the youngest to the oldest squeal with delight and yell "Dad's home!" and run and hug him. It's especially nice when they all see him at different times and gets four separate, exuberant welcome homes! (Five if you count mine!)




0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails