Friday, April 16, 2010

Austin's Shopping Trip

I took Austin shopping for shoes last night. He told me yesterday that his shoes were just too small and he can't wear these anymore. I tell him he has a closet full of shoes-I know this as I just straightened his closet last week -and he casually tells me that ALL of those shoes are too small. Of course he's telling me this as he's leaving for school-like I have some extra, secret pair stored somewhere for him to slip on?? Good grief. So I told him to come home WITHOUT friends and we'd go shoe shopping. He showed up after school with two friends.
I informed that we were going shopping after dinner WITHOUT friends and we did. We hit the sporting goods store first and then on to the mall for Sunday shoes. Austin HATES shopping. I started him off at Sees with a few yummy chocolates to sweeten the trip and then we were off. We found Sunday shoes but with his birthday coming up I thought we should do a little more shopping. Austin was pretty good at Aeropostale but was fading fast by the time I took him to Sears. On the way out he was sharing-in his Austin humor way-about how he has memories of shopping for Easter dresses for his sisters with me and sitting inside the round clothes racks, waiting, and waiting, and waiting while his sisters tried on dress after dress after dress. And how it is his personal goal to NEVER go into a store with his mom and sisters again!!
I made him stop at two more stores where we found nothing because he was so disgruntled and ready to leave. He finds no joy in the word SALE or CLEARANCE. What the heck?
He told me there are THREE stores worth visiting in the mall. Game Stop-0f course to look at video games. Love Sac-because there are comfy places to sit and Asian Gifts-because they have Samaria swords!
Despite his aversion to shopping he's very fun to be with. He's commentary on life is hilarious. I wish I could bottle it up and share it with you but when I type it, it just doesn't come across right. He made a comment about alternate life style choices and shopping that no matter how I type it sounds stupid and yet it was so dang funny! Anyway, I just love his quirky outlook, fun sense of humor and being his mom! Now I just wish his feet would stop growing.....

Here I was last year in Ukraine as I just became a mom to boy #2:

0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails