Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Proud as Punch!

Tonight we were having dinner and Alex asked if he could have more "avatar" but what he meant was can I have more cantaloupe? Avatar? Cantaloupe? Sounds sort of the same.....?
Today, kudos' to Alex. He missed reading yesterday and got in trouble for not completing the three things we asked of him when we left last night. (Yes, James and I escaped for a quick date before he headed out for two weeks of work.) So, tonight he had forty minutes of reading, English, journal writing, bath and bed at eight-consequence for disobeying last night. I had a lot of work tonight and kept coming and going. I managed to get dinner on the table and everyone feed and then had to run out some more. I came home at 7:45 pm to a clean, bathed boy with ALL his homework done! I told him how proud I was of him and he told me he was so proud of himself, he felt like crying. Wow. That is pretty proud. It's fun to hear Alex verbalize his feelings. I don't think he's done it much in the past. When he's done something well and he's proud of his accomplishments, it makes his eyes water. I'd much rather his eyes water over feeling a sense of worth and accomplishment than at losing at cards!!
He really is such a sweet boy.


Here's where we wear last year.....waiting....waiting.....waiting.....

1 of my blog friends said something...:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I love it! What a sweet boy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails