Today was pretty uneventful. We took Alex in for his passport picture this morning and then we went home and hung out in our dive until
Afterward we went out to eat with Jeff & Amy (their girls had to be back to the school by six) at our favorite pizza place with an English menu (Although we can read the menu and know what we want Alex has to do all the ordering-he’s pretty assertive and even looks over our bills and makes sure we’re not being charged incorrectly!) and now we’re home. Alex is cooking potato’s.
He’s becoming quite the little cook! (He wasn’t hungry for pizza-imagine that?)
I’m trying to tentatively line up our flights for the 24th
I instant messaged with Snezhana today and she and Ivan invited us for the weekend to celebrate Easter. I’m so excited but I was so worried that we would be intruding or interfering with their Easter holiday. She assured me that we would not be a problem that we are “family”. How sweet is that? I can’t wait to see how they celebrate Easter. I understand we’ll be going to the village on Sunday? I’ve really wanted to see a village-besides speeding by them while dodging potholes! Alex is excited too. I’m afraid this will be the hardest goodbye for him-he loves Ivan and Snezhana so much.
We’re going to take the bus on Saturday and Ivan will meet us and then we’ll stay Saturday and possibly Sunday night. So chances are I will not be posting much this weekend! (I know, what will you all do? Just kidding! I’m surprised that people are still reading this blog as some day’s it’s just so dang boring!)
Anyway, here’s some miscellaneous pictures of
What
Packaging-the white and blue bag is the milk, red is ketchup, green is tarter sauce, yellow is mustard and the white and red is juice.
Alex and I riding the electric trolley/tram:
While waiting for-what feels like forever-the pictures to upload Alex made me yet another salad. This one has banana's, apples, carrots, cucumbers and cherry juice and sugar. It's very sweet and despite the odd concoction it's pretty yummy. He's been telling me that Snezhana taught him to make these salads BUT this one he thought up on his own. Imagine that!
Okay...pictures are not loading. I'll try again later!

11 of my blog friends said something...:
Of course I'm still reading! Does it feel like you've been gone a year now? And, by the way, who's going to show me the ropes when I'm over there? You'll have to go back and get another!
What will I do at 1:00 every day if you're not posting? I'm afraid to say reading blogs from Ukraine has become a little bit of an obsession. Thanks for keeping us informed. I'm so excited for you!
You used to be the lady from the blog, now you are my friend. Thanks for everything Wendy! Everyone is excited you are going home and I'm sad you are leaving. What will we do without our little translator and our stand up comedian???
Oh, it sounds as though you just better stay in Ukraine! Everyone is depending on your new current postings for their entertainment and comfort! You really are an amazing person and friend. It's hard not to smile when you're around. We're excited to see you soon.
Are you kidding me! I love my daily dose of Wendy's adventure in the Ukraine! Glad everything is going well. It's been so neat to follow your journey! Hurry home! I'll feel better knowing you are just a few hours away from me! Luv ya cuz!
Your blog daily journals are anything but boring, I hope you keep it up when you get home!!!!
Gee wizz...thanks everyone. I feel so loved. I haven't been getting lots of comments so I thought maybe I'd bored you all away.
I am trying to type this with a 10 year old sitting on my lap. Good gravy...
Love and miss you all and I would love to show you all the ropes but there is no way I'm coming back here for a long time.
Yes, I feel like I've been here forever!
I think I might have forgotten how to drive my car and turn on my dryer!
Wendy
Your blog is not boring, I must be living vicariously through you. I can't wait to read it everyday. Thanks for all the good pictures. What an adventure you are having. I know you are homesick, but enjoy your time there. I am so amazed at your courage to be in a strange country by yourself. I would NEVER do that for any reason. too chicken. Keep them coming. Would you rather be in Ukraine or at the Wagon taking money and counting beer caps? ha ha ha.
Wow, have a great Easter Weekend. I think it would be fun to see how they celebrate and what they do. Love the pictures and I love my dryer. I pull the kids clothes out and just smell them and feel them soft and warm, so much nicer than the crisp radiator feel : )
Love the pictures, you look like a classy lady.... I bet that the anxieties are starting to hit... soon you will be home... I am so happy for you... As there is nothing like home... Although if you was here, I think you just might just stay...As Robert and I are already planning the next trip....The weather is beautiful... are you warming up then? love ya ! ~Aunt Christine~
I don't know if I can wait for late updates on your blog. The first thing I do when I get home from work is run up to the computer to see what happened with you and Alex since last time I read. I read it every day! And really enjoy it! I will try hard to wait until you have time to write. Love Ya!!!!!
Post a Comment