As many of you know, I serve in the Relief Society presidency. I'm the second counselor. (For those unfamiliar with the LDS culture, Relief Society is a group for women, we meet each week on Sunday and we have activities and gatherings throughout the year-as second counselor, I'm over all these functions. Lucky me!)
Anyway, in our ward the presidency sits up front looking out at our sisters all during our Relief Society meeting. I really don't like it. I feel like we're royalty or something. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason but I'd just rather sit in a normal chair and view the teacher like everyone else. This past Sunday our teacher brought in a TV to show a video clip and we're sitting right behind it. I suggested we go sit with our sisters this week. Our president said we could BUT when the movie started. Boo. I whipsered to the other counselor that I just want to be normal and sit in a seat like everyone else to which she jokingly replied, "Wendy, there is nothing normal about you!"
Hum....
I don't know about that.
I think I'm pretty normal.
Don't all mom's do normal things like this.....
Anyway, in our ward the presidency sits up front looking out at our sisters all during our Relief Society meeting. I really don't like it. I feel like we're royalty or something. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason but I'd just rather sit in a normal chair and view the teacher like everyone else. This past Sunday our teacher brought in a TV to show a video clip and we're sitting right behind it. I suggested we go sit with our sisters this week. Our president said we could BUT when the movie started. Boo. I whipsered to the other counselor that I just want to be normal and sit in a seat like everyone else to which she jokingly replied, "Wendy, there is nothing normal about you!"
Hum....
I don't know about that.
I think I'm pretty normal.
Don't all mom's do normal things like this.....
Yes, that's me dressed up like a crazy mother to deliver that lunch box to a handsome young man during school lunch to ask him to Spartonian Ball for Kambree.
All mom's do this right? I mean, it's just a face mask, some rollers, my grandmas house coat and slippers.Perfectly normal.....

Kambree got video-as per James request-but she stayed far away as to not let this poor boy know who was asking him. (See clip below but it's pretty rough)
Inside the lunch box it said:
"I'd be a crazy mother not to ask you to Spartonian Ball"
and then each lunch item had a letter of Kambree's name on it and he had to figure out who was asking him.
I had to check in at the office before the kids were released for lunch-yes, because I might be a crazed terrorist dressed as a frumpy housewife-so I'm sitting in the office looking oh, so lovely as people come and go, waiting for my text that Robbie is in place. After fifteen minutes, I get my cue, walk out and start yelling for "my son" with a funny Bronx/nasal/Midwestern accent going on and say something to this effect:
"Robbie? Robbie? Has anyone seen my son. He's about this tall and so very handsome. Oh, Robbie, there you are! Honey, you left your lunch home so I ran it over so you wouldn't have a hungry tummy. Oh, are these your friends? Hi, I'm Robbie's Mom. Robbie, you should have your friends over more often. We'll I gotta run sweetheart (and I squeezed his cheeks together) you have a great day!"
And I left.
Normal. Perfectly normal. I don't know what that other counselor is talking about!
Here's today links for last years adoption adventure in Ukraine.
Hum....I wonder if Alex knew what kind of crazy mother he was getting?
Inside the lunch box it said:
"I'd be a crazy mother not to ask you to Spartonian Ball"
and then each lunch item had a letter of Kambree's name on it and he had to figure out who was asking him.
I had to check in at the office before the kids were released for lunch-yes, because I might be a crazed terrorist dressed as a frumpy housewife-so I'm sitting in the office looking oh, so lovely as people come and go, waiting for my text that Robbie is in place. After fifteen minutes, I get my cue, walk out and start yelling for "my son" with a funny Bronx/nasal/Midwestern accent going on and say something to this effect:
"Robbie? Robbie? Has anyone seen my son. He's about this tall and so very handsome. Oh, Robbie, there you are! Honey, you left your lunch home so I ran it over so you wouldn't have a hungry tummy. Oh, are these your friends? Hi, I'm Robbie's Mom. Robbie, you should have your friends over more often. We'll I gotta run sweetheart (and I squeezed his cheeks together) you have a great day!"
And I left.
Normal. Perfectly normal. I don't know what that other counselor is talking about!
Here's today links for last years adoption adventure in Ukraine.
Hum....I wonder if Alex knew what kind of crazy mother he was getting?
http://blessedwitharichhart.blogspot.com/2009/04/top-of-day-ten-of-ten.html
http://blessedwitharichhart.blogspot.com/2009/04/bottom-of-day-ten-of-ten.html

6 of my blog friends said something...:
WENDY! Oh my goodness!!!!! YOU ARE SUCH A NUT!! I can't stop laughing! HAHAHAHA! What a classic memory this will be forever!! You are a brave woman.
What a hoot you are. I never would have dared. It's hilarious.
I LOVE it! What a fun thing to do for your daughter.
HILARIOUS with a capital H!!!You are a riot! How lucky Kambree is to have a mother like you!!! You made my day!
You are not normal! and I love it. You make me laugh and I love that I can hear you telling this story as I read it, giggles and all.
You are the best! The most help I am for school dances is telling people to put a toilet on the lawn with a sign that says 'if you gotta go, go with me'. I'm such a dud.
Post a Comment