Monday, April 12, 2010

Vampires...

After watching "New Moon" Saturday night Alex told me he was sure he'd be having bad dreams and needed to sleep with me. No, I nicely explained. If you're going to be scared by THIS movie then we'll certainly have to watch romantic chick flicks from here on out. He quickly decided he could sleep on his own.
However, he asked:
Alex: Vampires real?
Me: No
A: No, tell truth Mom.
Me: No, sweetie vampires are NOT real. Neither are werwolf's, zombies, aliens etc. They're all just imaginary.
A: Look on computer.
Me: You want me to Google if Vampires are real?
A: Yes.
(Oh, I see. If the computer say's it, than it HAS to be true!)
I try to find something but the internet is full of all kind of crazy sites. I read a blurb about vampires being fictions but he's not really buying it.
Then I try to get him on logic.
Me: Alex, if there were really vampires, don't you think I would want to protect you from them?
A:Yes
Me: Don't you think I'd hang crosses all over and have garlic in every room?
A: Yes
Me: Because I would want to protect you and take care of you right?
A: Yes
Me: Do you see crosses hanging all over our house?
A: No
Me: Do you see garlic all around the house?
A: No
Me: So what does that tell you?
A: Vampires not real?
Me: YES!
And with that he went to bed and had no bad dreams!
Good grief!

Last year we were on the 9th day of our 10 day wait to get Alex out of the orphanage:

0 of my blog friends said something...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails