Thursday, April 23, 2009

More on April 23rd...

Alex and I made it to Dniproprotrosk for his 2nd passport photo. They asked me for his original birth certificate when I walked in. Um, hello...that is at the embassy and I could feel the hair on my neck standing up. I was ready to take someone out. Just tell me who. If they can't understand me I promise you they'd understand my body language! But some head person waived the need for the birth certificate (because I've already done this once-good gravy) and we proceed. Good 'cause I really could kick some one's can about now!
On the way there Alex fell asleep with his head in my lap (and messed up his carefully combed hair) and I listened to my I-pod trying to shut out my surroundings-but that may have not been the best idea as a song came on that Kambree had danced to and I started thinking about missing her dance concert. Kambree dances with such passion and life and I LOVE watching her dance. Tears started steaming down my cheeks (again). Luckily Alex was sound asleep and neither the driver or Oxana could see me. However, these were not sad tears of frustration from yesterday but the proud tears of a mom remembering what it's like to watch her child perform. I always cry (happy tears) when Kambree dances as she lights up the stage and makes my heart -soar. She works so hard and is so self conscious little does she know how beautiful and perfect she is. I love all my children so much and I am so proud of all of them. Austin melts me and makes me laugh. I miss his teasing. Devree is so driven and determined and excels at everything and is always willing to run places with me. Rylee is my baby and always will be, she is like the frosting on the cake. She's tender heart-ed and I love listening to her tell her long winded stories and my Alex-everyday I think how blessed I am to have found him-this one child out of thousands-he will complete us.
We stopped at the mall and I found my tea set and while I was with Alex finding him some more "oh la la" body spray Oxana purchased my tea set for me as a gift. I know she just feels terrible about the passport problem and I know it has nothing to do with her. I sincerely have come to love Oxana and Oleg. I keep telling them they need to come visit us in Utah. I know she must have this effect on many of her clients as she tells me she has invitations to New York and California.
On the way home I boldly dug out the "never been used" seat belts in the back seat of George's car and fastened myself and Alex in them. I figured I would be doing all the rest of you a favor. I feel so rebellious right now-so what if I offend you and make you think you are not a good driver-the fact is driving here is super crazy and super dangerous and now all my friends following me can buckle up. It took me a good ten minutes to find the belts and then fish them out from under the seats! If you don't like it-then send me home!!
When James left he told Alex to take good care of me and Alex truly takes that to heart. He is always worrying. "Do we have the key?" "How will we get our luggage on the train?"" How will we get tickets to Kiev?" I'm finding these things out as I've been hanging out with Oxana and Lena and I'll say, "What did he say?" "Oh, he's worrying about..." I've told him, "Alex, I'm the mom, it's my job to worry. I'll take care of you." But he's just not getting it. I guess when you've had to fend for yourself for so long it's hard to know how to let someone take care of you?
He is currently out shopping with Jeff. He asked for money for "prisints" for Kambree, Austin, Devree & Rylee. He gets so excited to buy "prisints". I told him "NO FOOD!"-as I can see him bringing everyone those dreaded fish snacks back.
I found English speaking church in Kiev (thanks Buck!) and Amy and I are going to try and go on Sunday. If anyone arrives in Kiev (or Troy-if you want to go) call me 8050-954-1249. It's at ten am. The more the merrier.
It's 5:45 in the morning in Utah and 2:45 in the afternoon here. How bizarre that my day is half way over and yours has yet to begin.
We're leaving on the 11:23 pm train back to Kiev. I think I'll be passing Ambian to all (except Alex of course) as last night was heavenly!
Alex just got back with all his "prisints". He bought treasures for everyone. Brach, Tyler, all his siblings and me! I got a Power Ranger picture frame, a candle, a decorative box and a card in Russian. He say's it says "I love you mama." I wont' tell what he got anyone else!

6 of my blog friends said something...:

Margie said...

Hi Wendy, you have been such a trooper. We all felt that desperate need to get home, that feeling that we couldn't stay one more day, and if you talked with any of us now, we have mostly just great fond memories of our time in Ukraine. (HOWEVER, NONE OF US WERE ALONE FOR AS LONG AS YOU OR THERE AS LONG!!) The last few days in Kiev will fly by, there is a lot to do in a short time and there is so much to do in Kiev. Our son loved the zoo and the go karts. We have loved following the blog and sharing this experiece with you.

Jen said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to drop kick anyone at the photo place. Can't wait to see you home!

Christine B. said...

keep it up... you are holding this up just fine... Dont fall apart, wait until you get home.....Love ya ! leaving now and will catch up in the morning when we get home....

Lobos Family said...

Thank you for pulling the seatbelts out. One less thing i'll have to worry about when I go.

Lori said...

You made me cry, but I was already crying, so what the heck. I too have resorted to sleeping pills lately. A Power Ranger picture frame? I could feel for you when you talked about the hair standing up on the back of your neck! I wanted to punch someone just reading about it.

Andreas said...

Wendy - we are really looking forward to seeing you again. Our Lufthansa flight 3238 gets in at 2:15PM your time. We have no clue where we're staying or when our SDA appt is. One of the perks of using AdoptionWay is the suspense they allow you to experience all of the time. lol.

Hope to see you soon! We're packing up now and the butterfly's are starting to go crazy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails