Well, another day.
We had an adventure on the bus-due to no fault of our own- where we picked up bus #11 yesterday wouldn’t let us on. We went to get on and he said “nett”. So we walked down farther and farther and up and over and then finally picked up the same number 11 bus but going in the opposite direction. We road to the opposite side of town until we were the only people on the bus then the driver said “finish” so we got off. We picked up the same number around the corner and rode it right back to where we hoped to go in the first place. I don’t know. You think you know what you’re doing and then “nett”.
We’re the only parents visiting the school now but Julia comes with Alex and they let us take her to the store. Today I just gave them each 8 grynva ($1) and they bought cheap binoculars and yucky fish tasting string. Yes, I said fish tasting string. Bizarre.
It was a quite day. Lex worked on his Lego’s, I crocheted, James and Julia played a few games of Domino’s and then the kids and I walked to a few stores while James took a nap. Then Lex did his homework and we left around 6:30.
We were finally able to Skype with our kids and now we’re eating ice cream with Snezhana’s yummy strawberries in syrup.
I feel so unproductive. I wonder if I’ll ever get back to speed when I get home.
Tomorrow is court and I’ve got Alex’s court clothes packed and ready. We’re going over what to say with Oxana tonight. Kind of like a dress rehearsal.
I am going to change apartments on the 14th (when our 10 waiting period is over). Apparently, the director is concerned that Alex will play with everything and break things in this, her daughters apartment. So I volunteered to move to the scary apartment the Straders had. It’s just down the street but not half as nice. I don’t care, I’d rather get Alex out of there as soon as possible. I mean that is what I’m here for!!
We’ll be here in Dniprozerzhynk until we get his new birth certificate and passport and then back to Kiev for medical and embassy. With any luck we’ll be home as planned on the 20th but who knows? The new passport system we were told could take up to 10 days.
Everyone leaves tomorrow night (James, Victor, Oxana & Oleg) and it will just be me for the weekend. So far I’ve read two books. This might be a four book weekend.
Love to all, sorry about this boring post, but it is what it is…boring!
We had an adventure on the bus-due to no fault of our own- where we picked up bus #11 yesterday wouldn’t let us on. We went to get on and he said “nett”. So we walked down farther and farther and up and over and then finally picked up the same number 11 bus but going in the opposite direction. We road to the opposite side of town until we were the only people on the bus then the driver said “finish” so we got off. We picked up the same number around the corner and rode it right back to where we hoped to go in the first place. I don’t know. You think you know what you’re doing and then “nett”.
We’re the only parents visiting the school now but Julia comes with Alex and they let us take her to the store. Today I just gave them each 8 grynva ($1) and they bought cheap binoculars and yucky fish tasting string. Yes, I said fish tasting string. Bizarre.
It was a quite day. Lex worked on his Lego’s, I crocheted, James and Julia played a few games of Domino’s and then the kids and I walked to a few stores while James took a nap. Then Lex did his homework and we left around 6:30.
We were finally able to Skype with our kids and now we’re eating ice cream with Snezhana’s yummy strawberries in syrup.
I feel so unproductive. I wonder if I’ll ever get back to speed when I get home.
Tomorrow is court and I’ve got Alex’s court clothes packed and ready. We’re going over what to say with Oxana tonight. Kind of like a dress rehearsal.
I am going to change apartments on the 14th (when our 10 waiting period is over). Apparently, the director is concerned that Alex will play with everything and break things in this, her daughters apartment. So I volunteered to move to the scary apartment the Straders had. It’s just down the street but not half as nice. I don’t care, I’d rather get Alex out of there as soon as possible. I mean that is what I’m here for!!
We’ll be here in Dniprozerzhynk until we get his new birth certificate and passport and then back to Kiev for medical and embassy. With any luck we’ll be home as planned on the 20th but who knows? The new passport system we were told could take up to 10 days.
Everyone leaves tomorrow night (James, Victor, Oxana & Oleg) and it will just be me for the weekend. So far I’ve read two books. This might be a four book weekend.
Love to all, sorry about this boring post, but it is what it is…boring!

5 of my blog friends said something...:
It's never boring to me. I think that bus driver was just being mean to the Americans!
Not boring at all! I'm glad you made it to where you were trying to go though...it wouldn't have been fun to end up clear across town.
Your story is not boring at all..it is very interesting to read your life in the UK..By the time you will read this, you might be lonely as James will be gone... remember,, time do fly... just stay safe... we are thinking of you. :)
Hi Wendy, we are loving following your posts and they are never boring, they just bring back great memories of our Ukraine experience, even though we remember those days that seemed endlessly slow it was precious time with our child before we got back to the rush that is everyones normal life.Please tell Julia hello from the Jorgensen's. We hosted her also, and we love her! She is such a fun girl. We enjoyed seeing the kids pictures from the school. What darling kids. Keep writing! Did the Strader's head to Sumy?
Margie:
Straters are in Kiev at their second SDA appointment for their Sumy daughters. Their court date in Dnipr is Tuesday the 7th!
Post a Comment