Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day Five of Ten

Since I already wrote a lengthy post this morning I’ll keep this brief. We pretty much did the same thing we’ve done the past four days except the Rast are here and they came to lunch with us. Their girls are darling and Amy just glows when she’s with them.
Oxana and I are going to try and go find a place for a pedicure on Friday. I’m looking forward to that. I like having Oxana here, it reminds me of my college days and living with Kristin.
Kambree and Austin, at home have the flu and it makes me sad that I’m not there to take care of them. However, they couldn’t be in better hands as they’re with the person that I like to take care of me when I’m sick. My mom. I just hope she doesn’t catch what they have.
Oxana and I looked over the calendar. After our ten day wait on the 14th we can go to Dnipropertrosk and get Alex’s birth certificate changed and apply for a change in what is similar to our social security card. We have to get this documentation approved and then apply for the passport here. It has to go to Kiev and come back and then we can leave here and head to Kiev. (Yes, I asked if I couldn’t just pick it up in Kiev but…no!) So if all goes as planned and smoothly we may be heading to Kiev on the 21st or 22nd and pending a smooth time with the medical and the physical we may be able to leave the 23rd or 24th.
I really, really want to be home by the 24th to catch Kambree’s dance concert.
So over all, I will have been gone for 5 weeks and 3-4 days. (And that’s if everything goes as planned!)

2 of my blog friends said something...:

Christine B. said...

hello, Hope the kids gets better, I know that your Mother will care for them just fine... Hope you will eb on your way back with Alex soon, the 24th is the day we are returning from our vacation.... will you keep up the blog once you return ? so we know what is going on with Alex? Cannot wait to get this passport thing going for you....This makes me "Antsy" as you been in another country.... Just come home soon..... we will pray for you and your safety...
Love ya !

Christine B. said...

I LOVE READING YOUR JOURNAL ! THIS IS MY FAVORITE SUBJECT ... THE LIVES OF PEOPLE IN RUSSIA.... I READ YOUR FRIENDS TOO AS WE FEEL LIKE WE ARE RIGHT THERE WITH ALL OF YOU GUYS... TELL THEM ALL TO KEEP THIS UP... THIS IS COOL. REALLY, YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails