Here’s a couple other things I forgot to blog about earlier:
Every so often Alex brings me things to take “da doma” (home) First it was the suitcase we sent home with him, three swimming caps, his swimsuit, his t-shirts and the shoes we sent home with him. I’ve slowly collected all the English books and flashcards and today it was his most precious possession, his 5 hot wheels cars and some stickers.
Today, I brought the shoes back that he sent as obviously they are too small and asked if he could give them to another boy at the school. “No-Brach.” (Brach is my nephew-Alex’s new cousin and they’re the same size and Brach may have even bigger feet!) I said “Honey, Brach is as big if not bigger than you.” Then he made a gesture the size of him and say’s “Brach” and then a smaller gesture, and it dawned on me, he meant Tyler, my other nephew who is only 5. He wants to give his shoes to Tyler. “Tyler?” I ask. “Da, Tyler.” How sweet is that? I mean it’s not like Tyler will grow into these shoes anytime soon (or that my sister will even want him to have these shoes) it’s just sweet that he wants to give them to someone in our family. I know someone in the orphanage could use them more than Tyler but Alex has his heart set on giving them to his new little cousin!
The other funny thing is that he and Julia were talking to me about Bill and Lezlie having to leave for Sumy and Alex was imitating a plane and a sad face and saying “Bye-bye Papa” obviously that his Dad went home to America and he was sad. Then he does the same airplane imitation and say’s “Bye-bye Mama” and then throws himself down and pretends to weep & wail. Like he would be devastated if I had left? Obviously, I made the right decision to stay here during this 10 day wait? I wouldn’t want him weeping and wailing! Or maybe it was totally something else and I’m reading more into his charades than there actually was? I prefer to think he would miss me terribly.
I returned the 2nd non working computer game today (during my shopping excursion-without Alex) and just got a DVD of “Shrek” in Russian. I figured this way when we get home and Alex gets frustrated with English or just starts missing Ukraine, we’ll all sit and watch “Shrek” and he will understand and the rest of us will be able to see how if must feel to be Alex right now.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
More About Day #4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 of my blog friends said something...:
I just got all caught up on the last 5-6 entries. Wow, how exhausting. We're rooting for you here. Rylee looked adorable for dance pictures.
It was very sweet that he wanted to save shoes for 5 years before Tyler can wear them! Tell him we're excited to see him in just a short while! Say hi to the girls for me again!:)
Okay Wendy, now tell me again what the 10 day wait is for. - Molly
love that story! let me ask you... how do you put in "3 of you have something to say?" i love that... thinking to put it in my blog if you don't mind ... that is if I figure it out,,,,
Amy-Thanks for getting Ry to her pictures. And we will SO have to get Rumbi's when I get back!
Jen-I hope to mingle with kids today and will look for your cute girls. Masha is getting prettier and prettier. I saw her playing with a cute girl and they were holding hands. Holding hands for girls here is very normal.
Molly-The 10 day wait is a time when anyone can come forward and "contest" the adoption. It's required by law and only waved if the child has a medical emergency and needs to get to the States for medical care. I think it's crazy and torterous! Alex's brother even came to the court to show his support. Who is going to contest this? The acholic mother that hasn't seen him in almost 5 years?
So we're just waiting. Can't do anything to move forward until this 10 days is up!
Thanks everyone for your comments! I love hearing from home!
Post a Comment