When leaving church this week Alex proceeded to throw all his garbage in my purse.
"Alex, I don't want all this stuff in my purse."
As I'm removing his folded paper frogs, sunglasses, pens and paper scraps. I have a much smaller purse these days as I found my big bottomless bag was just a catch all for EVERYTHING and I ended up carrying every body's stuff.
"Where yours big purse mom?"
"I don't have it anymore besides, why should I have to carry all your stuff?"
Alex looks right into my eyes and with a mischievous twinkle says:
"Because YOU are MY mom!!"
Sunday morning was so sunny and glorious that Alex went back in the house to get his sunglasses before leaving for church. He attached them to his belt loop as he had them in his Glummy and then proudly announced, "I look like Dad now!" I think he pointed at the Glummy hanging from his belt loop about three times during church and reminded me that he looks like Dad. Funny, I never saw him wear his glasses on his face except indoors as entertainment during our two hour Stake Conference. ("Mom, I look cool?")
He also has it in his head that he NEEDS glasses. (Which he doesn't!) He borrows mine-which are hardly a prescription and claims he can see so much better. He sat in church with my glasses on doing his word find. Which is even funnier as my glasses are for distance not for close up.
Since I'm on the topic of Sunday, Rylee is a very loving, snugly girl. And she really likes to hug Alex. They've come to a truce. Sunday are hug days. Usually Rylee hugs him all the way home from church. Alex acts like he's a bit put out about it but he complies. However, a few Sunday's ago I caught him REMINDING Rylee that today is hug day. So I think he doesn't mind as much as he'd like us to think he does.
Here's a candid shot of one of these hugs:
Well, this morning I've already had one text from Austin-he forgot to bring clothes for his choir festival today. One "check me out quick" from Kambree with more details to come and one call from Alex's teacher asking me to help her explain to Alex that he can only have one book from the library and needs to keep it in his desk at school until after spring break. All this while I was showing houses this morning. (No, I take that back-Austin's text came while I was in the shower trying to get ready to go show houses-he ended up singing in his jeans and t-shirt because I couldn't possibly get his dress clothes up to the school within ten minutes as I was dripping wet!)
Here's what our day was like last year at this time. Funny it seems a little more peaceful than my life today!
As I'm removing his folded paper frogs, sunglasses, pens and paper scraps. I have a much smaller purse these days as I found my big bottomless bag was just a catch all for EVERYTHING and I ended up carrying every body's stuff.
"Where yours big purse mom?"
"I don't have it anymore besides, why should I have to carry all your stuff?"
Alex looks right into my eyes and with a mischievous twinkle says:
"Because YOU are MY mom!!"
Sunday morning was so sunny and glorious that Alex went back in the house to get his sunglasses before leaving for church. He attached them to his belt loop as he had them in his Glummy and then proudly announced, "I look like Dad now!" I think he pointed at the Glummy hanging from his belt loop about three times during church and reminded me that he looks like Dad. Funny, I never saw him wear his glasses on his face except indoors as entertainment during our two hour Stake Conference. ("Mom, I look cool?")
He also has it in his head that he NEEDS glasses. (Which he doesn't!) He borrows mine-which are hardly a prescription and claims he can see so much better. He sat in church with my glasses on doing his word find. Which is even funnier as my glasses are for distance not for close up.
Since I'm on the topic of Sunday, Rylee is a very loving, snugly girl. And she really likes to hug Alex. They've come to a truce. Sunday are hug days. Usually Rylee hugs him all the way home from church. Alex acts like he's a bit put out about it but he complies. However, a few Sunday's ago I caught him REMINDING Rylee that today is hug day. So I think he doesn't mind as much as he'd like us to think he does.
Here's a candid shot of one of these hugs:
Here's what our day was like last year at this time. Funny it seems a little more peaceful than my life today!

3 of my blog friends said something...:
What a change from comparing this year to last year, huh!
Wow! Hey, thanks for commenting so much. I love it! It makes me smile...
You're right! When does Andreas sleep??? I would like to know the same thing! Thanks to everyone that comments for that matter. It is fun to hear everyones take on us being back here and knowing that they are glad it is us and not them! :)
ah the joys of motherhood. Being pulled in so many directions.
It's so funny to me how much Alex looks like he was just meant to be part of your family - a pefect match :)
Post a Comment