I made it through Thursday!!!
Hurray for me!!
It's not that anything was bad or terrible-in fact everything was fun and good it was just....
so much!!
so much!!
First off, I DID get the part of the vampire's mom. My characters name was actually "Paul's Mom" very appropriate since I'm known in these parts as Kambree's Mom, Austin's Mom, Devree's Mom etc. (It's not a major motion picture or anything so don't be looking for me on the silver screen-just a 10 minute short to promote a new film production company-if I ever see it or it hits You-tube, I'll link it-but only if I don't look like a ding dong!) Filming was slated for last Friday, then pushed to Tuesday, then Wednesday and finally ended up on Thursday. (Yeah, that's how film goes!)
I skipped the gym-sorry Amy-to gear up for my crazy day. (But in truth? I should of got up and worked out rather than toss and turn then get up late and throw my morning off!)
I needed to be in Provo at ten. I made lunches, got kids out the door, drove the junior high carpool-in my nightgown with James' robe over the top-and came home and checked on my bloggy friends. I was just hanging, chilling getting ready for my shot and I realized that I didn't really know where I was going! I goggled my location and realized that I should be leaving in TEN minutes! Yikes! I jumped in the shower-went all natural with hair and makeup-as there would be a makeup artist there-and jumped in the car!
The Google directions were crazy and I got so confused. I finally just let my Realtor instincts take over and found the location without the printed turn by turn lousy directions-with five minutes to spare. Whew!
We were shooting at some cute old ladies house that was all done in 1980's blues and browns. Well taken care of but VERY dated. (Hard to separate my day job from my moonlighting job!)
After hair and makeup-where they put me in blue eyeshadow and pinned my wild dread lock like curls into a french twist-we did our first shot. Me, drying dishes at the sink and hollering for my son Paul.
2nd shot was Paul on the couch listening to his Ipod with the help wanted paper over his head.
Next shot was me removing the paper from Paul and his non caring responses to me asking him how his job search was going.
Then the camera shot me from Paul's angle. Oh, I'm sure that will be lovely. Nagging him to get a job.
The actor playing Paul was a really fun and cute guy named Arron. I, of course am truly to young to be playing his mother-as he is 28! (Doubt me if you must but I did the math. Nope. Couldn't have a 28 year old!) However, he's playing a 21 year old- so yes, I could have one of those but still I would have been VERY young!
The shot that took the longest was our embrace-supposedly at the end of the day when I-the worried, hoovering mother-had been looking for him all day. (Come on people! He's 21! My seventeen year old is gone all day and I don't rush to embrace her at the end of the day but....that's show business!)
So they did one wide shot from my back side. (Thank goodness not wide enough to include by lower backside!) and then a shot from my side of the embrace and then one from him. This took over an hour and about thirty takes and about fifty embraces. At one point Arron apologized as the takes on his side were numbering the double digits. "No worries," I said. "I recently adopted an eleven year old from an orphanage and I spend hours hugging all the time!" (In defense of Arron and his acting abilities-he's job was much harder than mine. He's been turned into a vampire now and he hugs his mother, then gets the urge to bite her and then controls the urge and just squeezes her tight. Thank goodness!) Why the hoovering mother that I'm playing doesn't notice his bite punctures on his neck, his pale white skin or at the least his new grown fangs is beyond me!
One more shot of me on the phone, calling around looking for Paul. (A scene the director made up on the spot!) and then I was done.
I rushed home, got Austin from school as he stayed late for driving range. Dropped his friends off-as I didn't want extra kids at my house with my meeting that night-and then got home to turn around and pick up Dev from school who had dress rehearsals for tomorrows talent show.
Got home, Alex was already at birthday party, I got Ry off to dance, returned work emails and calls. Set up some showing,. heated up left overs for those at home for dinner, attempted to finish laundry-or at least have it out of sight, give my main bathroom a "spit and a promise" (my moms saying for a crappy yet surface looking cleaning job) before for my meeting, banished my kids to different floors and realized I STILL HAD MY BLUE EYE SHADOW ON and my hair in this polygamist style french twist. Oh my!
Hurried upstairs and tried to switch out my eyeshadow to something more contemporary and throw my hair in a pony, rushed downstairs and was sweeping my floor when the first guest arrived. Whew!
During my meeting Alex arrived home, Rylee took her bath, Kam arrived home, Kam and Dev left for regional basketball game and Austin had Hayden over. Jazmine never got picked up-unannounced to me amongst all the chaos in my house-so when my guests left around ten I had to break up the co-mingling, get Alex and Rylee to bed-who thoroughly enjoyed watching movies with the other kids until way past their bedtime, and herd everyone to bed, off the computer and lock up!
When I walked into the bathroom I looked a sight-fluffy hair that I'd pulled out of the french twist and put back in a pony, tired red eyes and way too much makeup-the blue seeping up from under my quick fix-was still there!
During my meeting Alex arrived home, Rylee took her bath, Kam arrived home, Kam and Dev left for regional basketball game and Austin had Hayden over. Jazmine never got picked up-unannounced to me amongst all the chaos in my house-so when my guests left around ten I had to break up the co-mingling, get Alex and Rylee to bed-who thoroughly enjoyed watching movies with the other kids until way past their bedtime, and herd everyone to bed, off the computer and lock up!
When I walked into the bathroom I looked a sight-fluffy hair that I'd pulled out of the french twist and put back in a pony, tired red eyes and way too much makeup-the blue seeping up from under my quick fix-was still there!
I indeed looked like a vampire's mother!
Here's a picture of me on set:
Here's a picture of me on set:
My Vampire Son, Paul!
And just in case you want to know where we were at last year at this time, here's a link to our 2nd Day in Ukraine.http://blessedwitharichhart.blogspot.com/2009/03/our-first-full-day.html

2 of my blog friends said something...:
Interesting. Wonder if my talented fingers would ever find a way to come across it.
You are so talented!!!
Post a Comment