What's with boys and cars? It's an international language with boys, one that can bridge all communication. Alex LOVES cars. The first word I ever heard him say was "Honda". This was when he saw our van in the airport parking lot when we picked him up for the hosting program. To which Austin replied "You might know Honda but I'm going to teach you Zonda!" (Austin's all time favorite car is a Zonda Roadster!")
For the longest time once we got Alex home he would ask me what the "two flag" car was called. I, not being a car person (I can tell you the color-maybe what the bumper sticker said-and if I can see inside I can remember if it was clean or dirty or what the drivers hair looked like but make and model? Heck no!) had no idea what he was talking about. For the longest time he couldn't seem to find a "two flag" car to show me. Finally he found one-it was a Corvette! (Whew! Even I know a Corvette and could help him out with that info!)
Well, today we saw this car-or one very similar-coming home from school. And the back seat of my car erupts with enthusiasm. (Alex, Brach & Tyler were in the back.)
Alex starts cat calling....
Well, today we saw this car-or one very similar-coming home from school. And the back seat of my car erupts with enthusiasm. (Alex, Brach & Tyler were in the back.)
Alex starts cat calling....
"Oh baby!Yeah! Whoohoo!"
He's tapping the window trying to get the attention of the driver.
He exclaims:
"A MILLION time nice!!"
"A MILLION time nice!!"
After the noise level dies down and the car gets out of sight,
Rylee-sitting in the front seat-informs they boys that her first car is going to be a blue Camaro. It's going to blue with a white stripe and she's going to spray paint her hand blue on it. (I'm shaking my head in disbelief.) Then she clarifies,
"The first car I buy."
I tell her,
"I hope you're going to have a lot of money."
Rylee says
"Oh, I am. I'm going to have a lot of money. I'm like that."
"The first car I buy."
I tell her,
"I hope you're going to have a lot of money."
Rylee says
"Oh, I am. I'm going to have a lot of money. I'm like that."
Alex tells with a little disgust and disbelief and A LOT of authority tells her,
"No, you imagination!"
At least he has a grip on reality....right?


1 of my blog friends said something...:
:)
Post a Comment