So, many of you know that I LOVE to get dressed up and act. (I don't get as many opportunity's as I'd like and I try to limit my stage acting to once a year with a short run. However, I do audition here and there for film and TV. I mention audition as I do that more than actually land a role. However, yesterday I audition for a vampire's mom for some low budget film and they told me they "liked my look" that I actually looked like the actor playing the vampire-hum.... I am very pale-so, I guess we'll wait and see?)
So, when my friend and cohort, Amy asked if I would come to the Young Men and Young Women's Etiquette dinner as the manners police I said certainly!
So, when my friend and cohort, Amy asked if I would come to the Young Men and Young Women's Etiquette dinner as the manners police I said certainly!
Of course, I had to add a twist and come as a character-as coming as myself would be just to awkward. So, I slipped/squeezed into Kambree's prom dress, added my fake long hair, lots of jewelry, makeup, sunglasses and a fur stow and I was set!
I fancied myself a Southern debutante/social lite!
Unannounced to my poor teenagers I came sashaying in with my sweet Southern drawl (pretty good if I say so myself!) commenting on every one's table manners, dress and making the boys stand when I came to their table.
I only stayed about ten minutes-which was ten minutes too long for my kids.
They told me later that it was just plain "weird".
Hum....
" They surely just don't appreciate my immense talent, charm and fabulous Southern drawl?"
(Read that with a sweet southern accent!)
(Read that with a sweet southern accent!)

4 of my blog friends said something...:
I think you look fabulous darling! Don't let your kids tell you differently.
You look GREAT. How fun!
Wendy, this is hilarious. Someday your kids will look back and be able to laugh about it too!
You. look. stunning.
Post a Comment