Friday, March 5, 2010

Badgerett Tryouts!

Last Saturday Kambree and Rylee and I headed out on a road trip to Snow College and left James home to shuttle Austin, Devree and Alex to their three basketball games. We were headed to Snow for Kambree's Badgerett Tryouts!
We got there early and figured out where Kam was suppose to go. She knew she had a one minute solo that she had kind of gone over in her head but when we got there I noticed the tryout sign said "Bring a 3x5 head shot and a completed application." None of which we had. Luckily, I had a wallet of her from last year in my wallet. (Note to self: Replace pictures!) And we grabbed an application and frantically filled it out and she was on her way.
Rylee and I had three hours in the lovely small town of Ephraim to kill. We started at McDonald's and I could have sat there all day reading and sipping a cool refreshing beverage but Rylee was disgusted with how large she had become since last playing in McDonald's play land. ("Why do the have to put nets on the top of everything. I can't stand up straight AND my shoes won't fit in the shoe rack!") So, we found a bowling alley. Wow. It was some bowling alley.
Here's a picture of my cute girl...


And a picture of the swamp cooler with ice cream buckets to catch the condensation?

The other interior pictures didn't turn out but they had every species of wildlife stuffed and mounted on the walls and everything was in dark wood paneling. (Hence why my pictures didn't turn out!)
Here we are-we timed this on the camera so that's why we're so off center-but we're impressed with ourselves as we've never used the timer before!

We had to keep our own score which Rylee and I had no idea how to do.

So Rylee just wrote down our strikes, spares and splits-yes this was it after two games!

Then we went back to Snow. I sat and talked with some other mothers and Rylee went to find her cousins-they were there swimming. Rylee came back to check on me and one of the mom's remarked about how tall she is for ten years old to which she replied. "Yeah, and I have big feet too!" (Still upset that her size eights won't fit in the McDonald's shoe rack-I guess?)
She left again to wander.
The girls finally came out to wait in the hall. They'd been dancing for two hours straight. This is Kambree with her "don't take my picture" pose, waiting for her one minute solo.

Her cousin Emily stopped by to wish her luck.

She finally got called in and this is her walking out after her solo! What a look of relief!

And now she would finally let me take her picture...

We went to find Rylee, say goodbye to cousins and head home and around the corner we found Rylee dancing her heart out. Why do I get the feeling I will be sitting in more empty hallways on pins and needles waiting for my daughters to emerge from dance tryouts?

We had to stop for this photo op on the way out...

Then we had to stop for forever in Spanish Fork canyon. We were at a complete stop for about ten minutes when Rylee decided she needed to go to the bathroom and opted to try the out house on the side of the road. (We had witnessed someone else doing the same thing so we knew the door was open!)
We were not the only stopped car snapping her picture as she ran back from her potty break.


She got in the car and within 30 seconds we started to move!
Whew!
Updated:
3/5 3:3oPM
JUST GOT AN EMAIL!!! KAMBREE MADE THE TEAM!!!!
WHOOTWHOO!!!

3 of my blog friends said something...:

Stacy said...

CONGRATS to Kambree! That is awesome! She is going to be one busy girl. The bowling alley looks like lots of fun ;)

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Way to go Kambree!

Corbie said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting - I'm so proud of you both (we all know some of the congrats is owed to the Moms who schlepp their daughters around to practices for years on end :). Way to go Kambree!

Related Posts with Thumbnails